Saturday, August 14, 2010

Verbal Reasoning Tips and Timing

Any suggestions you have for verbal reasoning? My problem isn't answering the questions because I find with ample time I can answer even the most difficult questions correctly... but my problem is I spend way too much time on the first few passages, which I usually answer all correctly, and then run out of time and rush through the last few where I get the questions largely wrong.. This trend is obvious because the red Xs increase with frequency as question # increases... I've tried pacing myself but my score doesn't really improve. Instead I just end up spreading my wrong answers across the entire test instead of concentrating them all at the end. Any suggestions here? I map but only write maybe one or two words as I feel if I map anything else I'd be wasting my time...
------------------
I'll discuss this in a lot more detail in Verbal III and MSCT III, as well as my re-cap emails. I'm also going to send out my emails for the first two Verbal sessions and MSCT II, since they have more information. Allow me to genuinely make the argument for passage mapping to you in MSCT III - there's a part at the beginning of the lesson where we discuss each of the strategies and why we're doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment