Saturday, August 14, 2010

Med School Admissions - Balanced or Unbalanced Scores

How much emphasis personally do you think medical school admissions committees value a balanced score over an unbalanced one? My strengths lie VERY heavily on the physical sciences and biological sciences part and my verbal score absolutely sucks (as I said above, 6-10 is my range) whereas my physical science and biological science scores go anywhere from 11-15...
--------------------
In general, a balanced score tends to be better than an unbalanced score, but there's a better way to approach it - try to balance your percentiles. For example, a 34 put together as 14, 7, 13 (PS, VR, BS) is not as powerful as 12, 11, 11 or 12, 10, 12. The difference here is that it gives the person pretty even (and high) percentiles.

In general, do know that VR is the most important section to medical schools. This is because the section relies solely on logic and reasoning, and not on content knowledge. I encourage you to talk with me if you have more questions on verbal tips and admissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment